I was grateful to be a part of the Back to School Backpack Pay It Forward event last year. I’ve been selected to be a part of the event this year as well! It’s a great feeling to be able to Pay It Forward to a child in need. Campus Book Rentals is giving 85 bloggers $25 dollars to help a child in need get the school supplies they need.
About Our Sponsor
Campus Book Rentals is a company that offers students up to 90% off their textbooks! It not only allows students to save money, it helps students make money by providing services for students to rent out their textbooks to other students. Campus Book Rentals has been around since 2007, and continues to help students live a more affordable life. Campus Book Rentals is proud to sponsor such an amazing pay it forward event!
School Supply Challenge
Last year, I chose an elementary school student, this year I chose a middle school student. The middle school he attends does not allow for backpacks on campus, but they require each child to have a 3″ zippered 3 ring binder. I was able to get the list of everything he needed from a friend and went to the stores to buy everything. Luckily, I got the list before the tax free weekend started. I was able to get everything on his list, minus the earbuds, tax free. That’s a 7% savings. 😉
- (4) One subject paper folders with prongs and pockets $.60 ($.15 each)
- Masterlock Combination Lock $3.99 (saved $.60 on sale)
- Lexar USB Flash Drive $6.99 (save $2 with price match)
- Bic 10 pack pens FREE (on sale for $.99 and used $1 coupon)
Save 5% by using my Target RED debit card = $.57
- Vortex Earbuds $5
- (2) 8 Count Pencils $1.10 ($.55 each)
- (4) 2 pocket, pronged, poly folders $1 ($.25 each, saved $1.36 on sale)
- 10 Pack pens $.25 (saved $.75 on sale)Pencils, 8 pack $.25 (Saved $.75 on sale)
Then, I went back to Target 😉
- 3-inch, 3-ring Mead Zipper Binder $16.05 (Saved $.95 on sale and $2 with coupon)
- 2 packs of filler paper $.95
Saved 5% with Target RED debit card = $.85
Total amount spent for school supplies for 8th grader = $34.75
Campus Book Rentals donated $25, so my total out of pocket was $9.75.
I was able to purchase everything on this child’s list so that his family wouldn’t need to buy anything from his list except his gym clothes. It makes me feel good that I can pay it forward to someone else.