This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Savings.com.
In my early twenties, I may have moved about 8 times in a 4-year timespan. In those years I found a rhythm when it came to moving efficiently. What I can tell you is this: once you make plans to move from one home to another gather your supplies and begin packing non-essentials. Start packing early and keep track of what is in each box, whether you label the boxes or number the boxes and keep a list somewhere with the contents. The number one tip I have is to just start packing so that you’ll be ready to go and organized when moving day gets here.
Other things I’ve realized along the way.
- Solicit help from friends and family or a moving company. You don’t want to be moving all this stuff by yourself.
- Grocery stores will give you their empty boxes and some are quite strong.
- Pack breakable items in between blankets and stuffed animals to keep them from breaking. You can also buy packing peanuts and bubble wrap, but I like to use what I have on hand.
Moving to a new place?
Something I learned when I moved to my new home is that I needed to check and replace the basics, like the air filter. It’s an important step especially as I’m an asthmatic and need to have a clean home and filter.
Sam’s Club offers fantastic low prices for their members that are useful for people who’ve recently moved. Items like cleaning supplies and 3M Filtrete air filters. 3M Filtrete filters are $8 off now through November 25th with Sam’s Club Instant Savings.
Enter to Win
- Monday, November 12th at 12:00 AM ET to Friday, November 16th at 11:59 PM ET.
- Ten (10) winners will receive a $100 Sam’s Club Gift Card.
- Users enter the giveaway by heading to the Sam’s Club page on Savings.com and submitting their email address on the form at the top of the page.
- The winners will be chosen through a lottery drawing and notified on Monday (11/19) via the email address they used to enter.
- See complete Official Rules for entry instructions, full prize descriptions, restrictions and other important details.