Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, written by me on behalf of Groupon. All opinions are completely my own.
Summer is Coming!
The kids are almost out of school and then it’s time for us to hit the beach for Summer! What are some family essentials that you need to survive the Summer? I’ve got a list for you and a way to save a bit of green on the goods.
Living in Florida, the land of sun and fun, there’s always something to do outside to stay busy. Growing up here, I used to head to the beach with my family over Summer vacation. Now, I take my family to the beach or to the theme park on the gorgeous Summer days.
- Suntan Lotion – this is a given whenever you are going to be outside for an extended period of time.
- Flip Flops – A must have for Florida living. Some of us may have a closet full of them.
- Bathing Suits – Make sure the family has suits that fit. My kids grow so fast, that the suits from the beginning of the school year don’t fit anymore.
- Sunglasses – Another must have for Summer. Whether you’re hanging at the pool, the theme parks, or the beach make sure that you have sunglasses that fit and provide coverage in the sunshine.
- Summer Dresses (including beach cover-ups, Maxi dresses, and sun dresses) – Pick up some new sun dresses for your time outside this Summer. Fun new designs and colors are available now.
- Snow Cone machine – For those pool parties you’ll be having over the next few months.
- Books – It may be Summer, but keep the kids reading with a few new books or magazines. While you’re at it, pick up a few novels for yourself.
- Tote Bag – For lugging all your stuff down to the beach or pool. Make sure it’s big enough to hold towels, books, suntan lotion, and food. If you’re heading to the theme parks, maybe try a backpack for easier carrying.
I know this sounds like it’s a lot of stuff, but in reality you may already have some of it. Still need something on the list? Check out Groupon Coupons and get the best prices on your Summer Essentials. I’ve been using Groupon for a couple of years now and have been impressed with some of the great deals I’ve found. I’ve always been able to find things that my family needs at a big savings.
Did you get everything on the list? Do you have anything that I missed? Let me know so I can add it to my Summer Essentials list.