My kids love to read. I think they get that from dear ‘ole Mom and Dad because we like to read a lot too. The question comes up every night at bedtime; “What books are we going to read tonight“? I believe we read the same books over and over and over for about a week or two at a time, then move on to other books that the kids may have forgotten about.
|Some of the kiddo’s books.
This is the current top 10 list for each kiddo (in no particular order).
My 3 year old son
- Horray for FishBy Lucy Cousins
- You Can Name 100 Trucks! Illustrated by Randy Chewing
- If You Give a Moose a MuffinBy Laura Numeroff
- Belly Button BookBy Sandra Boynton
- The Magic School Bus Lost in the Solar System By Joanna Cole
- Llama Llama Mad at MamaBy Anna Dewdney
- Hippos Go BerserkBy Sandra Boynton
- Cars Little Golden Book Favorites (Disney/Pixar Cars)Adapted by Ben Smiley
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar By Eric Carle
- Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!By Sandra Boynton
My 2 year old daughter
- Llama Llama Red PajamaBy Anna Dewdney
- Giggle, Giggle, QuackBy Doreen Cronin
- Hop on PopBy Dr. Seuss
- Sesame Beginnings Nighty-NightBy Sesame Workshop – Sesame Street
- The Going-To-Bed BookBy Sandra Boynton
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue FishBy Dr. Seuss
- Perfect PiggiesBy Sandra Boynton
- Little Suzy’s Zoo Witzy Jumps Into FallBy Suzy Spafford
- Night-Night, Little PookieBy Sandra Boynton
- There’s a Wocket in My Pocket!By Dr. Seuss
Do you see a theme here? My son loves CARS and animals and my daughter loves funny books and books about animals. We all love Sandra Boynton books and, of course, Dr. Seuss books.
What are your kids favorites?
There may be affiliate links in this blog and I may receive compensation if you purchase something from those links.