Most mom’s would love to receive fresh flowers for Mother’s Day, but this is a great alternative. Plus, they will last so much longer! My children made these Mother’s Day Craft Flowers for my Mother-in-Law. We’ll be giving them to her later today. 🙂
Mother’s Day Craft Flowers
- Toilet Paper Rolls (we used 10)
- Craft Paints
- Craft Paint Brushes
- Container to act as vase (we used an empty Lysol wipes container)
- Construction Paper or Colored Paper
- Glue Stick
- Bamboo Skewers
How to make the Craft Flowers:
- Paint the outside of the toilet paper rolls with craft paints, let dry
- Cut the edges on both sides of the toilet paper rolls so that you can peel back “petals”. I left about1-2 inches in the middle for the skewers. Open the petals.
- Paint one side the “petals”, let dry
- Paint the other side of “petals” let dry
- Paint enough bamboo skewers green to use as “stems” for your flowers
- Cut or use a paper shredder to make “grass” with green construction paper or colored paper (we used 2 sheets)
- Decorate another sheet of long construction paper and cut to size
- Use glue stick on the back of your decorated sheet and attatch to your “vase”
- Once bamboo sticks are dry skewer them into the center of your flowers
- Add the grass and flowers to your vase and give to Mom or Grandma!
This was such a fun project to have the kids complete. They really enjoyed the painting and they got to do some of the cutting (with safefy scissors, of course). The best was the look on my husband’s face when it was finally complete. Priceless 🙂 Happy Mother’s Day.