All in One Burger
My husband is what you would call a serious burger guy. Meaning he loves experimenting with different toppings, but would be just as happy with a well-made bacon cheeseburger. The other day he was feeling a bit adventurous and this is what he dubbed the “All in One” burger.
We buy our meat in bulk and separate it into one pound portions so that we can freeze the containers until we need it for a recipe. This particular recipe makes four quarter pound burgers. Hubby also uses the George Foreman grill when we make burgers because it’s just the easiest way to make burgers indoors. If you have a nice day and feel like using your grill, enjoy! It really doesn’t matter how you make the burger portion of this recipe because it is all about the toppings.
This All in One burger recipe includes a few favorites like Havarti, Cheddar, and even hash browns. Who needs french fries when you’ve got hash browns ON the burger? Let me know if you try it and tell me what you think!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, we used potato buns
- 2 cups frozen, shredded hash browns
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ounces Havarti, shredded
- 2 ounces Cheddar, shredded
- Mayonnaise, optional
- Add Worcestershire sauce to ground beef and combine.
- Form patties and cook as desired.
- In large pan, caramelize onions for 10 minutes, remove from pan
- Divide hash browns into four piles and add to pan used to cook onions, cook as directed on hash brown package. Brown on each side
- Toast hamburger buns
- If desired, add mayonnaise to each bun, top with burger patty, caramelized onions, sprinkle a bit of both cheeses, then top with hash brown patty, more cheese mixture, top with other side of bun and enjoy