Big Hero 6
Walt Disney Animation Studios officially announced today the voice cast behind the new action-packed comedy-adventure BIG HERO 6, including Maya Rudolph, James Cromwell, Damon Wayans Jr., T.J. Miller, Alan Tudyk, Jamie Chung, Genesis Rodriguez and Daniel Henney, with Ryan Potter as Hiro Hamada and Scott Adsit as Baymax. Directed by Don Hall (“Winnie the Pooh”) and Chris Williams (“Bolt”), and produced by Roy Conli (“Tangled”), BIG HERO 6 hits theaters in 3D on November 7th!
· Voiced by RYAN POTTER (“Supah Ninjas,” “Senior Project”), robotics prodigy HIRO HAMADA has the mind of a genius—and the heart of a 14-year-old: his state-of-the-art battle-bots dominate the underground bot fights held in the dark corners of San Fransokyo. Fortunately, big brother Tadashi redirects Hiro’s brilliance, inspiring him to put his brain to the test in a quest to gain admission to the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology. When a tragic event changes everything, Hiro turns to a robot named Baymax, and they form an unbreakable bond—and two-sixths of a band of high-tech heroes on a very important mission.
· SCOTT ADSIT (“30 Rock,” “St. Vincent”) provides the voice of the world’s most compassionate robot. BAYMAX cares. That’s what he was designed to do. The plus-sized inflatable robot’s job title is technically Healthcare Companion: With a simple scan, Baymax can detect vital stats, and given a patient’s level of pain, can treat nearly any ailment. Conceived and built by Tadashi Hamada, Baymax just might revolutionize the healthcare industry. But to the inventor’s kid brother Hiro, the nurturing, guileless bot turns out to be more than what he was built for—he’s a hero, and quite possibly Hiro’s closest friend. And after some deft reprogramming that includes a rocket fist, super strength and rocket thrusters that allow him to fly, Baymax becomes one of the “Big Hero 6.”
· Voiced by T.J. MILLER (HBO’s “Silicon Valley,” “Transformers: Age of Extinction,” “How to Train Your Dragon 2”), fanboy FRED comes off like a laid-back dude with no direction. But this sign-twirling, monster-loving, comic-book aficionado is sure to go places—when he’s good and ready. For example, Fred doesn’t hesitate to join “Big Hero 6,” and he has a lot of ideas for his super-hero skillset, too. His ferocious, fire-breathing alter ego comes complete with claws, integrated communications and a super bounce. But his sign-spinning may still come in handy.
· JAMIE CHUNG (“Sin City: A Dame to Kill For,” “Once Upon A Time,” “The Hangover Part II & Part III”) steps up as the voice of the aptly named GO GO TOMAGO, who knows what it takes to be fast. She’s tough, athletic and loyal to the bone, but not much of a conversationalist. Popping bubble gum and delivering well-placed sarcasm are totally her speed. The daredevil adrenaline junkie is at her best on wheels, and when Go Go joins forces with “Big Hero 6,” she rolls like never before, using maglev discs as wheels, shields and throwing weapons.
· DAMON WAYANS JR. (“Let’s Be Cops,” “Happy Endings”) provides the voice of WASABI, who’s committed to precision. He’s super smart and just a touch neurotic, but the big and burly neatnik can’t help but join the cause when Hiro needs him most. As part of “Big Hero 6,” Wasabi amplifies his martial arts skills with jaw-dropping plasma blade weaponry. Sharp doesn’t even begin to describe this guy.
· GENESIS RODRIGUEZ (“Tusk” and “Run All Night”) was called on to help bring Honey Lemon to life. It’s elemental when it comes to chemistry whiz HONEY LEMON. Don’t let her glasses and funky fashion fool you: Honey may be as sweet as her namesake, but she has a fire in her belly and a can-do attitude that make her pretty much unstoppable. Her knowledge of alchemy proves powerful, too, when the effusive brainiac becomes part of the “Big Hero 6” and creates clever concoctions that when thrown, can get her team out of nearly any jam.
· DANIEL HENNEY (“X-Men Origins: Wolverine”) was called on to give voice to TADASHI HAMADA. Tadashi is a good guy. He just is. He actually developed, built and programmed a state-of-the-art nursebot—a Healthcare Companion named Baymax that will likely help millions worldwide. But it’s his role as big brother that makes Tadashi truly special. Every kid needs a guy like Tadashi looking out for him, and Hiro knows just how lucky he is to have him in his life.
· MAYA RUDOLPH (TV’s “Saturday Night Live,” “Maya Rudolph Variety Show,” Bridesmaids”) provides the voice of AUNT CASS, who’s the overworked but always-supportive guardian of brothers Hiro and Tadashi. The owner of a popular San Fransokyo bakery and coffee shop, Aunt Cass is proud, ebullient and thinks the world of her two genius nephews. She’s always good for a laugh and ready with a hug, tirelessly there for support and a great home-cooked meal.
· Voiced by JAMES CROMWELL (“Murder in the First,” “L.A. Confidential”), PROFESSOR ROBERT CALLAGHAN heads up the robotics program at the prestigious San Fransokyo Institute of Technology and is Tadashi’s professor and mentor. When Hiro visits the university for the first time, he is star-struck by the world-renowned roboticist—while Callaghan immediately sees the potential in the 14-year-old prodigy, encouraging him to put his brain to better use.
· Pioneer entrepreneur and tech guru ALISTAIR KREI is voiced by ALAN TUDYK (“Tell,” “Welcome to Me,” “42”). San Fransokyo Institute of Technology’s most illustrious alum and owner of the biggest technology company in the world, Krei Tech, is always on the hunt for the next big thing. Krei attends the showcase at San Fransokyo Tech and is overwhelmingly impressed by Hiro’s ingenuity.
· YOKAI is the silent masked man behind the terrible tragedy that strikes San Fransokyo, turning Hiro’s world upside down. As a result, Hiro transforms a group of nerds into a team of high-tech crime fighters—“Big Hero 6”—with one mission: Track down Yokai and bring him to justice.
I cannot wait to take my kids to see Big Hero 6!
Like BIG HERO 6 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyBigHero6
Follow Walt Disney Animation Studios on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DisneyAnimation
Follow Walt Disney Animation Studios on Tumblr:http://disneyanimation.tumblr.com
Visit the Website: http://www.disney.com/BigHero6
BIG HERO 6 opens in theaters everywhere on November 7th!