Thank you to Jenni at Sweet Pennies from Heaven for this guest post.
Frugal Chocolate Muffins
My sister told me about a recipe she found for Chocolate Muffins using only 2 ingredients…Chocolate Cake Mix and Canned Pumpkin!!! No oil or eggs are needed and I will tell you that after these little muffins come out of the oven, they are pure chocolate-y goodness and you won’t taste the pumpkin…or at least I didn’t! I like the thickness and texture of these muffins because they come out a little dense, sorta like a cake-y brownie! It’s a great low fat recipe and a thrifty one too!
- Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix (other flavors can be used too)
- 15 oz. Canned Pumpkin
- Mix Cake Mix and Canned Pumpkin together (very thick batter, so it takes alot of mixing).
- Use a spoon or even an ice cream scoop to pour mixture into 12 Cupcake Paper Cups.
- Bake at temperature the Cake Mix calls for for around 19-22 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to see if muffins are done…if not, put back in the oven for another minute or 2!
These are DELICIOUS!!! You can also make a variation that uses chocolate chips. Yum!
Topic: Frugal Chocolate Muffins