Sugar Cookie Recipe
I have some tricks up my sleeve. Apple pies, slow cooker meals, and cookies. The family seems to love all the food, but my daughter is learning to bake and she loves the cookies the most.
This is one of my favorite cookie recipes only because it really is easy to follow and the kids love the cookies. It’s a super simple Homemade Sugar Cookie Recipe.
This popular homemade cookie recipe is a must-make for the holiday season!
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter - softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheets with parchment paper or cooking spray
2. Cream together butter and sugar (white and brown)
3. Add egg and vanilla and continue mixing
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking soda
5. Add flour mixture to butter and sugar mixture, a little at a time, and continue mixing
6. Roll batter into 1 inch balls
7. Roll balls in sugar and place on baking sheets, 2 inches apart
8. Bake 8 - 10 minutes
They can be stored up to two weeks in an airtight container. Makes 45 - 50 cookies
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Let me know if you try it! We’ve been known to add food coloring to the dough before baking and make different themed cookies. Purple, green, etc. to match whatever event we’re making it for – or just for fun!