Squash Parmesan Crisps
Here’s another recipe that my Mother-in-Law made during our last family get together. I could not get enough of these Pamesan Crisps. Made using squash, they are still relatively good for you as opposed to chips and other snacks. Just be sure to make plenty because they will go fast!
- 1 pound zucchini or yellow squash (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/4 TSP Kosher salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray with vegetable spray
- Slice zucchini and yellow squach into 1/4 inch-thick rounds. Toss with oil, coating.
- In bowl or plate, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper
- Place rounds in breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides of the rounds. The mixture will leave a light coating on each side.
- Place coated rounds in a single layer on baking sheets. Sprinkle additional breakcrumb mixture over each round.
- Bake for 22 - 25 minutes or until golden.
This is such a simple recipe, I’m wondering if it would work on eggplant. I may need to try that! 😀