Craving warm cinnamon rolls, but don’t want to run to the store for those refrigerated ones? Try this easy recipe for Homemade Cinnamon Rolls. My family asked for seconds and thirds.
If you’ve been following for a while, you know that I like to use what I have on hand when making recipes. The Homemade Cinnamon Roll recipe is no exception.
- 2½ cups Bisquick mix
- ⅔ cup milk
- 4 TBSP sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 TBSP butter or margarine softened
- 1⅓ cups powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP milk
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease 13x9 pan
- In a small bowl, combine 2 TBSP sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine Bisquick, milk, 2 TBSP sugar until mixed and dough forms. Add additional Bisquick if the dough is too sticky so that it makes it easier to handle (no more than ¼ cup). Roll in Bisquick and form into a ball. Knead ten times.
- Roll dough out to a 15x9 rectangle and spread with butter/margarine. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Roll up starting at 15" side until you make a log. Cut into 1½" slices and place cut sides down into the prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes and cool for 5 minutes.
- For glaze: Combine powdered sugar and 2 TBSP milk in small bowl until glaze forms. Spread over warm cinnamon rolls and serve.
This is another fun recipe that we can make at night and keep in the fridge, then pop it in the oven for breakfast. Serve with juice and fruit and you have a filling meal. What’s your go-to weekend breakfast?