- 1½ - 2 pounds of chicken (we use frozen chicken breasts)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Enough chicken stock to cover chicken in a slow cooker
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuits or a double batch of biscuit mix
1. Place chicken in the slow cooker
2. Add both cans of soup
3. Add onion
4. Cover the chicken entirely with chicken stock
5. Cook in the slow cooker on low. We used frozen chicken and cooked on high for 1 hour and low for 6 hours
6. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred, then return to slow cooker
7. Tear the biscuits into pieces, I do fourths and add to slow cooker. If using mix, combine as directed and place spoonfuls on top of shredded chicken in the slow cooker
8. Cook for additional 1 – 2 hours on low
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and Dumplings is a go-to family favorite here at my house, especially when the weather gets chilly. I’m not the only one who finds this dish the perfect comfort food, right?
This is a recipe I’ve been making for years and have perfected over time. Feel free to use canned biscuits or a biscuit mix – we actually use both, depending on what we have on hand.
We usually buy our chicken in bulk, separate it and then freeze to use at a later time. This works well for our family because we love our chicken dishes.