Slow Cooker Chicken Philly Sliders recipe will become a game day favorite! Small in size but big on taste these little sliders are great for snacking or dinner when served with a side.
Slow Cooker Chicken Philly Sliders
I would never have thought that one of the easiest recipes I posted back in 2013 would be one of the most searched and favored recipes on the site. The Slow Cooker Chicken Philly Sandwich recipe is one of the most requested recipes the closer we get to football game parties. Now, I’ve changed it up a bit and made the sandwiches into smaller portions with slider buns. These particular slider buns are from my local bakery, but I know that you can also find them in most grocery stores.
This recipe is easy to set and forget, especially on game day! Simply add the ingredients then assemble before the game starts and you’ll be ready to go. We make this recipe for dinner quite a bit and it’s one of my husband’s favorites.
- 2-3 Frozen Chicken Breasts
- 1 Onion, sliced
- Roasted Red Bell Peppers, ½ Cup Chopped
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBSP Steak Seasoning, such as Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 Cup Mozzarella, Shredded
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 10 Slider Rolls
- Oregano (optional)
- Spray the bottom of slow cooker with cooking spray, add butter.
- Add Onions
- Add Red Bell Peppers
- Add Chicken
- Top with Worcestershire and Steak Seasoning
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours
- About an hour before eating, shred chicken in slow cooker and continue to cook
- Toast hoagie rolls in toaster oven or oven to brown
- Sprinkle hoagie roll with cheese, then top with chicken mixture, and then finish with more cheese and oregano (optional)
I serve mine with sweet potato fries when we have the sliders for dinner, but feel free to serve at your next game day party and add these Slow Cooker Chicken Philly Sliders to your finger foods.