This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. I was sponsored to write this post on behalf of Weight Watchers. #SmarterTreats #CollectiveBias
Thanksgiving will be here before you know it – only 4 weeks away! What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? Mine happens to be turkey and cranberry sauce. I’m a sucker for the mashed potatoes, too! All that food calls out to you on turkey day, but I’ve created a solution to give me all the flavor with less of the fat and points. This way, I can spend quality time with my family, save my Weight Watchers® points, and still get all the turkey goodness I enjoy.
Growing up with parents that spent years on the Weight Watchers program, I saw the positive results. A few months after giving birth to my second child I signed up for Weight Watchers and lost 60 pounds over the course of 7 or 8 months. I’m happy to say that I’ve kept the weight off for 5 years and have no intention of ever putting it back on. I have found that the small changes that I made 5 years ago are still with me and have become my way of life. Lots of vegetables and water, proteins, and good carbs.
That’s one reason I created this sandwich. So that you’ve got a sandwich that is full of all the Thanksgiving flavor you love, but without all the extra calories or guilt. At only 10 Weight Watchers points, you can easily have this with some leftover fresh veggies, a salad, or some fruit for a very filling meal.
After picking up all my ingredients at Walmart, I was able to create the perfect Turkey Day sandwich solution. Here’s where I found the Weight Watchers cream cheese, you’ll see that it’s in the dairy section and comes in a convenient multi-pack.
Visit select Walmart stores from 10/29/15 to 11/1/15 for demos
- 10/29 – Thursday 12:30-7:00 PM
- 10/30 – Friday 12:30-7:00 PM
- 10/31 – Saturday 10:00-4:30 PM
- 11/1 – Sunday 12:30-7:00
You can check if your store is on the list HERE.
Here’s how to make my Thanksgiving Sandwich
Super easy and only takes a few minutes to prepare. This is delicious! I’m listing the steps, but there is a printable recipe below, as well.
1. Measure 1/4 cup of Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce into a small bowl.
2. Add 1 single serve cup, Weight Watchers reduced fat cream cheese spread. Stir to combine.
3. Open Arnold Sandwich Thins and spread cranberry/cream cheese mixture on both sides.
4. Add one slice of turkey to each side and top with one slice of Provolone cheese.
- 1 Arnold's Sandwich Thins, pre-sliced, 100% Whole Grain (3 points)
- 2 oz. Deli Sliced Turkey (1 point)
- ¼ cup Ocean Spray, Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce (3 points)
- 1 single serve cup, Weight Watchers reduced-fat cream cheese spread (2 points)
- 1 slice (19g), reduced-fat Provolone deli cheese (1 point)
- 10 Weight Watchers Points per sandwich
- Combine Weight Watchers cream cheese and whole berry cranberry sauce in small bowl.
- Open Arnold's Sandwich Thins and spread cranberry/cream cheese mixture on each slice.
- Place one slice of turkey on each slice.
- Top with Provolone.
- Close and Enjoy!
Let me know if you try my recipe and what you think. I love the flavor combination between the Weight Watchers cream cheese and the cranberry sauce. It takes the sandwich to the next level.
Check out more Weight Watchers recipes HERE and come back and tell me your favorite!