Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Parfait
I’ll be hosting Thanksgiving at my house this year and I was trying to think of something to serve other than pumpkin pie with whipped cream. I already have Pumpkin Poke Cake on the list, which is going to be a family favorite and want just one other dessert. Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Parfait is what I came up with as my second dessert. It’s easy to make, easy to assemble, and according to my taste testers, delicious to eat.
Only a few simple ingredients will get you started. You don’t even have to make the pumpkin pie from scratch. Actually, I used a frozen pumpkin pie that I baked in the oven. I like little tricks like that, so if you have a favorite pumpkin pie that you use every year just grab it and use it in this recipe.
- 1 Pumpkin Pie, fresh or frozen
- 1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 Cups Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Bake Pumpkin pie according to directions
- While pie is baking, put Whipping Cream in large bowl and mix until soft peaks form (1-2 minutes).
- Add Confectioner's Sugar and Vanilla Extract to Whipping Cream and continue mixing for additional 1-2 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Put whipped cream to the side.
- When pie is cooled, take filling out of pie and mash in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, crumble the crust into smaller pieces.
- Make an assembly line with 4-5 parfait cups and layer your parfait, starting with crust. Top with the pumpkin pie filling, whipped cream, and chocolate chips. Repeat so that each is layered twice and topped with whipped cream, chocolate chips, and crust crumbles.
- Add caramel sauce on top if desired.
Want to make it even easier? Buy store-made whipped topping and add vanilla to it, then use that in the parfait. Just one less thing you have to make and sometimes easier is what you need. 😉