My house smells like wonderful memories. Memories of winters when I was a child when my mom would make a batch of Russian Tea on the stove and let it simmer all day long. I finally found her recipe and I even have the same pot that my mom used when she made her Russian Tea. She’s been gone seven years this December, but this one little thing makes me feel like she’s still with me.
- 1 Family Sized Tea Bag or 4 Regular Sized Tea Bags
- 4 Cups Boiling Water
- 1½ Quarts Water
- 6 oz. Orange Juice Concentrate, not diluted
- 6 oz. Lemonade Concentrate, not diluted
- 12 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 8 Cloves, whole
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- Boil 4 Cups Water
- Steep tea bags in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes
- In a large pot add sugar, cloves, and cinnamon sticks, pour in tea and turn the heat on high.
- Add orange juice, pineapple juice, lemonade and water to pot and heat to boiling. Heat until sugar is dissolved, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Serve in mugs with a cinnamon stick.
I’ll keep the tea on the stove for the day and we’ll grab a cup whenever want. It’s easy to make in the morning and just let it simmer for the day. I’m so glad I found her recipe and I can’t wait to share this tradition with my kids.