Bring the CARS 3 fun home for your family! Check out my CARS 3 Toy Gift Guide, plus I have info on the Disney Store’s Summer Play Days.
I brought home a bag full of CARS 3 toys on Sunday night. Lots of new and exciting toys for the kids to go crazy over. Let me tell you that there were a few toys that we had to decide were for both kids so that they each had a chance to have the individual play.
The biggest hit was the Crazy 8 Crashers Smash & Crash Derby Playset.
Recreate the thrilling competition scenes from the new Disney•Pixar Cars 3 movie with this action packing set. Rev your engines and watch the character vehicles race, crash and bash through the course. The set comes with barrels, tires, and other themed accessories as well as a 1:55scale mud covered Lightning McQueen vehicle to start the fun right away. The first player to knock Miss Fritter’s bus down wins. Then, reconfigure the arena and get ready for more epic action.
The set comes with 2 cars (Miss Fritter and mud Lightning) but you can buy more Crazy 8 Crashers to add to the derby playlet.
Another CARS 3 toy that they both loved was the Movie Moves Lightning McQueen. It has so many sayings, including when it’s turned over on its hood! The kids were telling me to just wait and it would say something else. It does have over 65 iconic phrases and sounds so the kids can play for a long time.
Enjoy exciting story play and realistic movie fun with Lightning McQueen. Inspired by Disney•Pixar Cars 3, the vehicle reacts to motion when he goes forward, backward, left, right, upside down and says over 65 iconic phrases and sounds. He has a signature sleek design, working headlights and taillights. You can also choose the Movie Moves Cruz Ramirez vehicle and recreate even more dynamic movie scenes and interactive racing.
They also sell the Movie Moves Cruz Ramirez, so the kids can each have one and have even more story play.
The Cruz Ramirez Remote Control Vehicle is for ages 3 and up, but even at 7 and 8 my kids like this easy-to-use remote control car.
They’ll have fun taking a Cruz around with this remote control vehicle. Reliving the high speed thrills of Cars 3, they can put new cast member Cruz Ramirez through her paces.
I’m keeping the Cruz Ramirez Die Cast Car for myself. I’m just saying. She’s my favorite character in the film, so it’s only fair that she sit on my desk on a daily basis.
Sleek and sharp in striking yellow, Cruz Ramirez rediscovers her racing dreams thanks to Lightning McQueen. This die cast perfectly captures the sporty styling of the Rust-eze Racing Center trainer and race technician from Cars 3.
Books are always a favorite in my house and these two new CARS 3 books are no exception.
“Lead the Way” book
In your life, you may find somebody important, somebody who steers you in the right direction, guides you down long roads, and keeps you on track to follow your dreams. Then, one day, you may find it’s your turn to lead the way. Ride along with Lightning McQueen as he revisits many of his cherished moments with the late and great Doc Hudson. Lightning has learned so many inspiring things from Doc that he would like to pass on to Cruz Ramirez-including a lesson about what it really means to win.
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician with her own plan to win, inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet, and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage! Children ages 3 to 7 will love this beautifully illustrated hardcover Big Golden Book based on the film.
This stainless steel water bottle makes staying hydrated easy and fun! It holds 15.5 ounces and is made of BPA-free stainless steel, durable enough for kids to take anywhere they want. The screw-on lid has a built-in carrying loop for easy transportation, and doesn’t leak when it’s closed, so the bottle can be tossed into a bag for worry-free travel. When it’s not being used, the comfortable silicone spout can be covered to keep it clean. The bottle is dishwasher safe and should not be microwaved. Recommended for children ages 3 and up.
I use my Disney tote bags for my groceries when I go shopping and I always get the best compliments because they are so sturdy. They aren’t flimsy like other tote bags I’ve used in the past and they last use after use.
They’ll love to go racing off to the store with this reusable Cars 3 tote. Jackson Storm, Lightning McQueen, and Cruz Ramirez battle it out on both sides of this bag that’s designed to help our planet win the race against waste!
Did you see anything on my gift list that you want to pick up? I know I have a few ideas for birthday presents for the kids’ friends throughout the year. All of the products are at reasonable prices, too for everything they do. Personally, my favorite is the Movie Moves Lightning McQueen because it has 65 different sayings and sounds.
Disney Store Summer Play Days
Summer Play Days zoomed back into Disney Store on June 9th with free daily events all summer long in locations nationwide.
Guests who participate in Summer Play Days will be able to collect Disney Emoji patches featuring different Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars characters. New patches will be available each Wednesday between June 14 and August 9*:
- Wed. 6/21: Pascal
- Wed. 6/28: Storm Trooper
- Wed. 7/5: Spider-Man
- Wed. 7/12: Jackson Storm
- Wed. 7/19: Olaf
- Wed. 7/26: BB-8
- Wed. 8/2: Iron Man
- Wed. 8/9: Stitch
“Summer Play Days has become a Guest favorite at Disney Store and we know many look forward to these events each year,” said Jonathan Storey, VP of Store Experience. “This summer, we are excited to continue offering our Guests great experiences now with the added fun of collectible Disney Emoji patches.”
Guests will receive a special display card where they can attach their patches and those who have collected all of the weekly patches can receive an exclusive Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse patch between August 9-20.** Cast Members will also be distributing a special limited Simba patch spontaneously throughout Summer Play Days as a special magical moment for Guests.
Free daily events taking place through August 9 include Storytime, Art of Drawing and Showtimes:
- Tangled the Series Event: Guests will learn to draw Pascal, Rapunzel’s mischievous friend. A brief introduction is given to the history of Disney Animation.
- Star Wars Adventures Event: Guests are invited to participate in three activities, including defense training against Stormtroopers, Millennium Falcon flight training and writing their name in Aurebesh. Guests will receive one of two Star Wars postcards (BB-8 or Chewbacca) and Aurebesh alphabet stickers
- Art of Drawing Marvel’s Spider-Man Event: Guests will learn to draw Marvel’s Spider-Man. A brief introduction is given to the history of Disney Animation, as well as an explanation of traditional and modern Disney animation.
- Mickey and the Roadster Racers Event: Guests will prepare for a race in Hotdog hills before they head to Italy to cheer on the Roadster Racers. Each Guest will receive their own trophy.
- Princess Gathering Event: Guests will discover the Disney Princesses’ ambitions, strengths and will learn what makes each one of them special. Guests who participate will receive a special wristband.
- Star Wars Storytime Event: Guests will hear the story, “Star Wars: Escape from Jakku.” Journey through the story, helping the narrators bring the story to life with interactive movements. Guests will receive a BB-8 finger puppet of their own.
- Avengers Training Academy Event: Guests will take part of the Avengers Age of Ultron Training Academy to get an overview of each of the Avengers and learn their key skills and poses.
- Elena of Avalor Event: Guests will use Elena’s Scepter of Light to channel the powerful magic Elena has, play and dance along with an inflatable guitar and create their own Jaquin to fly around.
*For additional information, contact your local Disney Store and join the summer fun during #DisneyPlayDays.
Now, what are you waiting for? The movie opens TODAY!!
*A special thanks to Disney for asking me to cover this media event.