3-2-1 Microwave Cake Recipe
I’ve been making this recipe for a 3-2-1 microwave cake for about a year now. It’s really easy to prepare and I keep a gallon Ziploc baggy in the pantry for the nights the kids want a small dessert, or I want a little something sweet. Remember to write the instructions on the baggy before you put it away so you’ll remember what it is and how to make it. 😉
To set it up you only need two boxes of cake mix, one has to be Angel Food, but the other can be whatever you want. I chose Confetti Cake mix because the kids LOVE sprinkles. You can be creative when it comes to topping your cake. Choose to just eat the cake alone or add fruit, chocolate syrup or do as I did and add some homemade frosting and sprinkles. Yum!
- 1 Box Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 Box Cake Mix, any flavor
- 2 TBSP Water
- Mix the 2 boxes of cake mix in a gallon-sized zip top bag
- In a microwave safe mug, take 3 Tablespoons of the cake mix and mix with 2 Tablespoons water.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute
- Let sit for 15 minutes (we usually forget to do this step)
- Either enjoy it alone or add frosting, fruit, chocolate syrup or anything you desire.
The 3-2-1 Microwave cake is really one of the easiest desserts I’ve ever made. Just a few seconds of mixing in the cup and a minute to microwave. Give it a try.
Recipe originally featured on the Duncan Hines website.