This is something that I shared on Facebook just before I turned 40 and I just wanted to share it here as well.
In the last four hours before I turn 40 I’ve come to realize a few things.
In no particular order.
- I had amazing parents and I miss them every day.
- I am still a bit of a sentimental pack rat. From my Kindergarten Graduation diploma to Concert Ticket stubs. I still have it all. I have gotten rid of quite a few items over the last 10 years, but still have more than I care to admit. If you’ve sent me a card or letter in the last 39 years, sad to say I probably still have it.
- I enjoyed my 30’s more than my 20’s and I’m hopeful that my 40’s will be even better than my 30’s.
- I am blessed with two amazing children whom I adore and I love watching grow a little more every day.
- I’ve been married to my best friend for the last 15 years and I love him a bit more every time he looks my way.
- I should have started reading romance novels when I was younger. 😉
- I love writing
- I’ve met some awesome people over the last two years and I’ve been blessed to make some great friends while blogging.
- I’ve been offered some pretty amazing opportunities over the last two years and each and every time I accept a new opportunity, more doors have opened for me.
- I’m still friends with my best friend from Kindergarten, my best friend from Middle School, and my best friend from High School.
- Even though my parents are no longer alive, I’ve been blessed with amazing and loving in-laws that took me in as one of their own.
- That even though I spend an insane amount of time on social media, I still like having face to face conversations with my friends and family.
- I’m still a fangirl at heart when it comes to soaps, nkotb, and actors
- I’m a bit addicted to coffee, but at least I have a year supply of K-cups in the pantry
- Karma is real
- I’m still learning how to dance in the rain
- That I’m actually looking forward to my 40’s.