Banana Bread Recipe
I’m not sure what came over me yesterday, but I spent some time baking. Not a lot of time, mind you. I had a couple of bananas that were almost ready to be thrown away because they were turning brown, but I told my husband that I was going to make a banana bread recipe.
Let me just tell you, I’ve never made banana bread before. So, if I can do it, you can do it! It was so much easier than I thought it would be when I started.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed, ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom of 9 x 5 or 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray (I used cooking spray)
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs and continue beating.
- Add bananas, milk and vanilla and beat until well blended
- In a small bowl, mix flour, nuts, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture all at one time and stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into loaf pan
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- Cool for 5 minutes and remove from pan. Place on wire rack and let cool completely, about an hour.
- Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator
The kids went crazy over the banana bread and have been asking for it all day. I will definitely be making this again.
Recipe was originally found on Pillsbury.com Banana Bread Recipe.