I’ve had this recipe for a while now and my husband makes it every few months and I thought I would share with you. It was printed in my local newspaper a few years ago and I saved it. This is one of our favorite recipes and since I bought some fresh goat cheese at the farmer’s market on Saturday morning and thought this would be the perfect recipe.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 – 4 tablespoons chopped basil
- 4 teaspoons onion, minced
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
1. Coat the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
2. Grill the chicken until cooked through and no longer pink. We actually pan-fry in olive oil and I think it tastes great.
3. Prepare sauce in another pan while the chicken is cooking
4. Saute onion and garlic in 2 Tablespoons butter until soft and fragrant
5. Add white wine and lemon juice, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes to reduce
6. Add remaining 6 Tablespoons butter, 1 T at a time until it melts and the mixture is emulsified
7. Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and basil and heat through (not too high as the sauce may break)
8. Top almost done chicken breasts with 2 ounces of goat cheese each until cheese warms and softens
9. To serve, spoon lemon-butter sauce over chicken breasts and goat cheese
We have small children and we find it easier to cut the chicken into bite-size pieces before cooking. It also cooks faster this way.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 903Total Fat: 69gSaturated Fat: 40gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 250mgSodium: 1027mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 50g
I love this recipe! I serve it with a simple pasta topped with olive oil and basil, but we’ve also had this with mashed potatoes.
Enjoy! Let me know how it turns out for you.