Cheesy One-Pot Sausage Pasta
Yep. You read it right here, I used one pot to make this delicious dinner that my whole family devoured. What’s better than sausage, pasta, and cheese – all cooked in one pot! Great food, with only a little mess.
- 1 package of smoked sausage, cut into coins
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup milk
- 8 oz uncooked pasta
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add sausage and onions to large pot (we used a 5-quart pot) and cook over medium-high heat until sausage is browned and onions are translucent
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 - 45 seconds
- Add chicken stock, uncooked pasta, diced tomatoes, and milk. Bring to a boil, cover the pot, and then reduce heat to low. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Pasta should be cooked in that time.
- Turn off the heat and then add half of the cheese and stir into pasta.
- Serve in bowls and top with more cheese. Enjoy!
This is one of my four-year-old’s favorite recipes. With it being so easy to make, it’s one of my favorites, too. What is your favorite one-pot recipe?