Don’t be afraid to experiment!
I had most of what I needed but made a few changes.
Try this twist on a family favorite! This baked spaghetti and mozzarella recipe is full of flavor.
- 2 (28 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP chopped garlic (from a jar I had in the fridge)
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 2 TBSP dried sweet basil
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (almost 2 cups)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan
- Set the oven to 400 degrees
- Pour the Olive Oil in a large skillet and heat
- Add chopped garlic to olive oil and heat for about 1 minute
- Add both cans of crushed tomatoes to the olive oil and garlic
- Simmer on medium for about 12 minutes
- While that is simmering, cook the spaghetti in a separate pot of boiling water for 5 minutes and drain, then return to the pot
- Add basil, Parmesan, tomato sauce and a few pieces of the mozzarella to the spaghetti and combine
- Pour into a 3-quart casserole dish and top with remaining mozzarella
- Bake for 25 minutes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.