Crock Pot Chili Recipe
It sure smells good in my house. Chili has been in the slow cooker for almost 4 hours now and it is starting to smell wonderful. I know everyone has their own chili recipe, but we have this down to a science after much trial and error. See, my hubby didn’t like chili until we started making it in the slow cooker late last year. Now he loves it and the kids seem to enjoy eating it too.
Here’s my recipe if you are so inclined as to try it.
Crock Pot Chili
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey (or pretty much any ground meat, leave it out if you are vegetarian)
- (3) 15 ounce cans of beans : Today I used 1 can red kidney beans, 1 can pinto beans and 1 can white beans (use what you have or your favorites)
- (1) 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
- (1) 14.5 oz can corn kernels
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 TBSP each chili powder and cumin
- Sprinkle of Oregano
- 1/2 of a bottle of beer (use anything you have or feel free to leave this out)
- Add all ingredients to Crock Pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
We like to top ours with shredded cheese and sour cream when we serve it, but the choice is yours. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Have a great day!