TACO SPAGHETTI SQUASH
Taco Mac and Cheese is a big family favorite here at my house, but now that I’m following the Ketogenic way of eating I don’t eat pasta so when we made dinner the other night I made a little change. Instead of pasta for me, I cooked a spaghetti squash so that I could make Taco Spaghetti Squash.
Following the Taco Mac and Cheese directions we made dinner for everyone, plus I made the spaghetti squash. That meant we had TONS of leftovers.
My family ate the original Taco Mac and Cheese with pasta and I used the taco meat with no sauce and no pasta, added spaghetti squash, more salsa, sour cream, and cheese and bam! it was a fantastic keto-friendy meal.
If you aren’t making the entire taco mac and cheese recipe, feel free to just make the taco meat and the spaghetti squash and you’re ready for dinner and leftovers.
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 2-3 pound spaghetti squash, cooked
- 1 Small to Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1/2 tsp Garlic, Minced
- 2 TBSP Chili powder
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings include cheese, salsa, sour cream
- Brown ground beef and onion together in large skillet on medium high heat until cooked through and no longer pink. Drain fat if needed.
- Add Garlic to ground beef and onion mixture and cook for a few moments
- Add Chili powder, Cumin, Oregano, Salt, Pepper, and Salsa and stir to combine
- Allow to simmer over low heat while you complete the rest of the meal
- Combine with cooked spaghetti squash
- Top with desired toppings, such as salsa, cheese, and sour cream