Easy Easter S’mores
Can I tell you a secret? I’ve never had a s’mores before. I know, you are sitting there shaking your head saying..”really, has she been hiding under a rock?” We won’t get into the fact that I’ve never seen Star Wars. That’s another story.
So my husband has been wanting s’mores and you know how I like to use up everything in the pantry before I buy more. He was on a mission looking through the pantry to make something sweet, preferably something s’mores like.
He found a box of cinnamon graham crackers, a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips and some pastel colored spring-shaped marshmallows.
Hubby creating the S’mores.
Now, we created these in the toaster oven which I know is not the ideal situation. Of course, he didn’t think about making them until 6 o’clock tonight and figured this would make a good dessert for the family.
Here’s how we made them.
- Sprayed toaster oven pan with cooking spray
- Place four graham crackers on pan
- Top with small handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Top with marshmallows
- Bake in toaster oven until chocolate and marshmallows start to melt (approximately 3-4 minutes)
- Remove from toaster oven and top with another graham cracker square
I’m in love. 😉 I’m not sure why I’ve never had them before. Maybe I was never in the right place at the right time and the opportunity never presented itself, but I am so excited about this new (to me) find. I’m thinking new late-night snack??