If you’ve tasted my Apple Cobbler Recipe, you’ll see that this Strawberry Cobbler is similar when it comes to the topping. Lots of sugar and butter. 😉 But, as I only make this once or twice a year, we can make the exception. Plus, is absolutely delicious!
My daughter and I went to the local strawberry farm in town and picked tons of fresh strawberries. We had just finished when it started raining, so we decided to grab some strawberry milkshakes while we sat on the front porch and waited for the rain to die down. Once we got home, my daughter wanted to eat up all the strawberries, so we worked on getting the hulls off and making sure the strawberries were clean. After she devoured most, I was able to save about 4 cups for the strawberry cobbler recipe. We’ll definitely be going back this week for more strawberry picking.
- 4 C Sliced Strawberries
- 1 C Flour
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 Egg, beaten
- ½ C Butter, cubed
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- White Chocolate, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Butter the bottom of a 9" Square pan or 9" x 13" pan
- Place Strawberries in pan
- In separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, egg, and baking powder. Combine until crumbly.
- Top strawberries with flour/sugar mixture and top with pats of butter
- Bake in oven for 40 -45 minutes or until bubbly
- Optional: Top with melted white chocolate and serve
Look at this deliciousness! The family gobbled it up and the cobbler is just like the apple cobbler recipe and it tastes like a sugar cookie. It actually gets better the next day. Try it and let me know what you think. Enjoy!