I’m in heaven. I finally ran out of apples from my trip to North Carolina, but I have some pumpkin left over from Halloween and it was time to use it up.
My kids devoured this Pumpkin Bar recipe. This was my first time making it and this recipe was so easy to make.
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15-ounce pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
- Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars.
- Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined.
- Stir in the vanilla and mix again.
- Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.
Original Recipe on Food Network.