Slow Cooker Chicken Philly Sandwiches
This is a recipe we’ve made a few times and it gets better every time. There are so many great flavors infused in this meal and Slow Cooker Chicken Philly Sandwiches make a great dish for football parties.
Easy to make with only a few ingredients. We always use ingredients we have on hand, but feel free to change any of the ingredients to your liking.
- 2-3 Frozen Chicken Breasts
- 1 Onion, sliced
- Roasted Red Bell Peppers, 1/2 Cup Chopped
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBSP Steak Seasoning, such as Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 Cup Mozzarella, Shredded
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 4 Hoagie rolls
- Oregano (optional)
- Spray the bottom of slow cooker with cooking spray, add butter.
- Add Onions
- Add Red Bell Peppers
- Add Chicken
- Top with Worcestershire and Steak Seasoning
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours
- About an hour before eating, shred chicken in slow cooker and continue to cook
- Toast hoagie rolls in toaster oven or oven to brown
- Sprinkle hoagie roll with cheese, then top with chicken mixture, and then finish with more cheese and oregano (optional)
My husband loves this recipe! If you are planning a football party go ahead and double the recipe. There is definitely room in the slow cooker to feed more people. Enjoy!