We’ve been having a lot of fun with our morning routine and morning creative writing prompts since Summer started. If you’ve read the posts, let me know what you’ve implemented in your own routines.
I’ve come up with an additional 19 creative writing prompts for kids and I’m sharing them with you today. There is a printable PDF at the bottom of the page for your use, as well.
19 Creative Writing Prompts for Kids
- What spells would you cast if you were a wizard?
- Describe your favorite car and its details.
- Write a poem about Summer.
- What would it be like to be 25 feet tall?
- What would you do if you woke up invisible?
- What is your favorite animal and why?
- What place would you like to visit and why?
- What would you see and where would you go if you were riding in a hot air balloon?
- If you were in charge of the world what would you do to make it a happier place?
- If your plants could talk to you what would they say?
- If you could be any color crayon what color would you be? What things would you color?
- What if you had a magic dog? What could it do?
- What are your favorite types of books and why?
- What would you see if you could sit on a cloud?
- What would happen if kids ruled the world?
- Write a poem about being a bubble.
- How would you create a spaceship? What features would it have to get to space?
- Describe the best way to build a sandcastle.