This breakfast casserole recipe right here is a weekly staple in our house. I make it at least once a week so that we can use it for a quick breakfast or keto meal. Only 4 ingredients and it cooks for 35 minutes. Easy-peasy.
When I first started on keto in July 2018, I wanted foods that were easy to make and would help make it easier for me to maintain this way of eating. This is one recipe that we created at the beginning of that journey that we still make today – weekly. It’s an easy breakfast or breakfast for dinner meal and makes 9 servings. Plus, it’s easy to store and just grab a piece to warm up whenever you need it.
How to make 4-ingredient Breakfast Casserole
Before you start to make this breakfast casserole, you’ll want a good quality 9×9 baking dish, I’ve been using one like this for about 8 years now. It’s a cake pan, but I love it for casseroles so that it is easier to portion out.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I use butter in the skillet and spray for the baking pan.
Spray or butter the baking dish and a skillet. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat and add ground sausage. Cook until no longer pink and layer into the bottom of your baking pan.
Layer cheese on top of the cooked ground sausage.
In a large bowl, crack 9 eggs and add 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Whisk until combined.
Layer egg mixture on top of the ground sausage and cheese.
Place in preheated oven and cook for 30-35 minutes (personally, my oven is just right at 35 minutes).
Keto and family-friendly breakfast casserole made with eggs, sausage, and cheese.
- 9 Eggs, cracked
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 pound Ground Sausage
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter or cooking spray for the pan to cook sausage and also to coat a 9x9 baking dish.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter or spray a 9x9 baking dish.
3. Add butter or spray to coat skillet, heat to medium-high and cook ground sausage until no longer pink.
4. Layer the cooked sausage into the bottom of the baking dish.
5. Layer shredded cheese on top of ground sausage in baking dish.
6. In a large bowl, crack eggs and add heavy cream and whisk until combined. Layer on top of the ground sausage and cheese in baking dish.
7. Bake on 350 for 30 - 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean (with some grease).
8. Let sit for 5 minutes and cut into 9 squares. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 245mg Sodium: 677mg Carbohydrates: 2g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 16g
This is the tastiest breakfast casserole that you’ll find out there. Let me know what you think and feel free to change out the ingredients, as you can use any type of meat. We’ve used ham, as well.