Lemon Dill Oyster Crackers
This is a super easy recipe to throw together for a snack, football game, small get together, or when the kids are looking for something a little different. It takes less than 5 minutes to throw together, and then you just stick it in the oven for about 15 minutes and it’s ready to eat. They are great to use in a soup, or as croutons on a salad. You could even put them in cute mason jars to use as homemade gifts. If you double this recipe, it’s enough to fill a 1 gallon bag.
- 1-12 ounce bag plain oyster crackers
- ¾ cup oil (you can use the cooking oil of your choice)
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1/s tsp. lemon pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder (do NOT use garlic salt!)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. In a mixing bowl large enough to hold the bag of
- crackers, pour your oil, ranch dressing mix, and all seasonings.
- Whisk thoroughly.
- When everything is mixed, pour the crackers in the bowl, and toss with a large spoon, being careful not to crush the crackers.
- After they are coated, pour onto a large baking sheet in a single layer.
- Put in the oven for 15 -20 minutes. Enjoy warm,
- or let them cool completely and store in an air-tight bag.
For the creative culinary group, you can alter this recipe to come up with lots of different flavors:
- Honey and chipotle powder
- Butter, cinnamon, and sugar
- All purpose seasoning, balsamic vinegar, and parmesan cheese
- Use any variety of popcorn seasoning
- Onion powder and garlic powder
- Parmesan and dill
- Cayenne pepper and onion powder
- Frank’s Red Hot and ranch seasoning