Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies are one of my favorite Christmas cookies. We’ve been making these every year since I was a child. Easy to make and they are always a hit. This was the first year that my daughter (3 years old) helped put the Hershey’s Kisses on the top of the warm cookies. She thought that was so much fun and that the cookies that she made tasted better. 😉
A holiday staple at our house! These Peanut Butter Blossoms bring back Christmas memories.
- 48 Milk Chocolate Kisses
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. 3. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
4. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
5. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. 7. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 48 cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g