List of keto foods to keep on hand for hurricane prep.
We just got confirmation that the latest hurricane is heading our way and should make landfall here in a few days. Now, I had a birthday party planned for this weekend so we’ll play that by ear. First, though I will head to the store tomorrow and stock up on keto foods to keep on hand to get me through the upcoming storm.
This will be my second hurricane season while following Keto and I’ve come up with a comprehensive list of snacks to have on hand when the power goes out.
We have two large coolers that we pack with ice while we’re prepping for hurricanes. Here’s a list of snacks and drinks that we’ll put in the cooler.
Keto Foods to Keep in Cooler
- Water (filtered, bottled, club soda, seltzer, etc.)
- Brewed Coffee or Cold Brew Coffee
- Cooked meat (bacon, burgers, lunchmeat, chicken, etc.)
- Cheese, cubed or sliced for easy snacking
- String Cheese
- Cauliflower washed and cut
- Brocolli washed and cut
- Celery washed and cut
- Cucumbers washed and cut
- Summer Squash, peeled and cut
- Zucchini, peeled and cut
- Radishes washed and cut
- Bagged salad (or pre-cut salad)
- Ranch dressing
- Heavy Whipping Cream (for coffee, if desired)
- Coconut Milk
- Almond Milk
- Hard-boiled eggs
Keto foods that don’t need refrigeration or cooler before eating
- Summer Sausage
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, etc.)
- Meat pouches (tuna, chicken, etc.)
- Protein Bars (Quest, etc.)
- Individual Protein Shakes (Premier Protein, etc.)
- Nut Butters (almond/cashew/unsweetened peanut/etc.)
- Pork rinds
- Beef Jerky
I also make a loaf of keto bread while I’m prepping because I can usually get 12 slices out of it and it will last a week (in the cooler). Have a little fun and make some desserts that will keep like keto cookies or keto muffins, just to add some variety.
I’m sure I may have missed something, but you can just drop me a line if you have anything else to add. The main thing is to stay calm, be prepared, and stay safe. Keto on, guys.
Keto Related Content
- Low-Carb Grocery Shopping List with Free Printable
- I Found the Best Me with Keto
- 3 Weeks of Ketogenic Meal Tracking
- A New Normal | How the Ketogenic Way of Eating Changed My Life
- Accountability Post: Carb Manager App w/ 1 Week of Meal Tracking Almond Chia Seed Pudding
- Maple Bourbon Pecan Cheesecake Bites Fat Bombs
- One Month of Ketogenic Meal Tracking | 30 pounds dropped
- Double Chocolate Fat Bombs
- What is the Ketogenic Way of Eating?
- What are the Health Benefits of Keto?
- How to Calculate Net Carbs
- How Does Keto Work?